A Year In Review — Our Look Back On 2022
As we enter the new year and leave 2022 behind, let’s take a moment to reflect on our accomplishments and get excited for what’s to come in 2023. Our business is gearing up to scale up and we can’t wait to share our plans with you. Let’s celebrate our achievements and look forward to a successful year ahead.
We want to say THANK YOU to all our BIST holders. Thank you for standing by us, we are grateful for your support. Together, we have navigated the ups and downs of the industry and are working towards a more sustainable future for restaurants and their customers. 2023 will be a crucial year for us, and we would be honored to have you join us on this journey. Thank you for being a part of our community.
Let’s have a look at 2022 in short:
- BIST listing on Bittrex Exchange
- BIST staking live. Supporting Ethereum and Binance Smart Chain
- Wallet support for 150+ wallets through Coinbase, MetaMask and WalletConnect
- User profiles & accounts introduction
- Re-ordering functionality introduction
- Merchant portal update
- Data infrastructure scaling
- Plug and play print manager v1 for merchants
- BIST portal refactor
- Modals refactor for the Bistroo app
- Custom menu builder v1 launched
- Launch of first physical marketing campaigns
- Bistroo app refactor to VueJS3
- Bittrex trading competition
- Automated merchant warnings implementation
- Consumer notification warning implementation for pickup or delivery
- KHN partnership extension
- Integration of a new CRM partner, PipeDrive
- Data-lake and data-warehouse infrastructure phase1 release; foundation data-markets and personalisations
- Opened & pitched at BrainBloc in Eindhoven, a start-up partner & thought-leader in the Eindhoven Blockchain space; introduced to DBC
- Bittrex podcast
- Market positioning and rebranding of our house style and campaign concepts
- SEO pages refactor
- CMS launch that maintains all SEO pages
- Bistroo Products split into 4 pillars: Marketplace, Webshop, Page and QR
- Partnership with the Dutch Blockchain Coalition
- Merchant portal V4 launch
- Bistroo app framework update
- Bistroo app UX update
- Bistroo app basket revisions
- Interview with CEO Bas Roos on BNR Zakendoen
- Rebranding campaign launch in our main hub of Eindhoven
- Bistroo print manager v2
- USB & web USB support for POS printers
- Integration made with Cashdesk
- Order live view launch for the merchant portal
- Introduction of a new Bistroo Product: BistrooPage, a custom website built for each merchant
- Reworked & improved our user-tracking integration
- Migrated a big part of our API unit-tests to a more scalable setup
- Custom menu builder v2 launched
- Data infrastructure scaling phase 1 release
- Integration of Zendesk as a customer service portal
- Featured in articles in De Telegraaf & Newsbit
- A growth in the number of orders compared to Q4 of 2021 of 95%.
- Open-sourcing of two smart contracts on our public repository GitHub : the “Settlement Contract” and the “Referral Rewards” contract
- Smart contracts internal testings and audits
- First integration with Stripe for BistrooPay application and features
- SEO approach and pages overhaul
- Email campaigns and broadcasts overhaul
- Affiliate marketing campaign launch
- Launched our custom A/B testing integration for web, app and email
- App routing and pagespeed improvements
- Restructuring of social advertising accounts
- Launch of our core proof points communications in the social media campaign
- Trengo utilization for updated and scalable customer service processes and help center preparations for merchants-self onboarding
- Enhanced time slot management allows merchants to better serve their customers
- Design completion of the merchant self onboarding wizard
- Funnel and Help Center & Support for the merchant self-onboarding
- CEO Bas Roos gave a Keynote at the AI & Data summit
To wrap it up
At Bistroo we’ve focused on improving the foundational layer of our ecosystem in order to become a fully scalable platform as a service (PaaS). The release of the merchant portal and its accompanying innovations demonstrate the growing utility of the Bistroo ecosystem.
Whilst we’re keeping our plans for the coming year under wraps a bit longer, we wish all of our loyal community members a merry Christmas and happy holidays!
Notes on other roadmap items
Developer & Partner Portals
Due to the complexity of a real-world system like foodordering we had to prioritize focussing on the foundational layer of our ecosystem in order to become a fully scalable PaaS in 2023. We are closely working together with growth partners, but we had to postpone our development phase of the developer portal & partner portal to 2023. In every case, scalability of our system and operations are the number one priority and the foundation had to be improved before we can fully adopt the protocol approach on commercial & development partners.
With the global inflationary prices, growing interest rates on economic uncertainty we have to be very careful in accessing foreign markets too quickly. Our launching country is our proof of business model and system and we want perfect this, before starting operations across borders.
Besides the economic circumstances, the technology and processes needed to be a fully scalable PaaS while not overextending our budget and operations on expasion plays a role. Potentially sabotaging our financial resilience for sustainable growth by expanding too early was a factor in this case. We have seen numerous of projects within the start-up as well as the crypto space that have gone belly-up by not taking into account economic downturn at the right time. We outline the landscape of unsustainable growth in the food sector also in our Winner Takes All blog series.
Merchant self onboarding
The self-onboarding mechanism is part of the major Q1 releases we have planned for next year. The foundation is fully prepared within the product back-end logic and our integrated systems. Q1 will focus on the journey our prospective merchants must undertake to onboard and configure their own Bistroo merchant store, as well as all the support needed to easily do so. A delicate and complex UX project ofwhich the foundations have been released in Merchant Portal V4.2 in December 2022.
Get your fill on everything Bistroo!
Bistroo is a peer-to-peer marketplace for food & beverages, powered by the BIST Token. Bistroo is a pioneer in the blockchain-based food industry, building protocols that empower the merchants in an ecosystem that also benefits the customers.