The Bistroo Breakdown: Monthly Progress Report — April 2023
Every month, we publish a monthly update to our token holders and broader community. Welcome to the April 2023 edition. This month, we’ve experienced significant volume and user growth, worked on marketing partnerships and the self-onboarding portal.
The launch of our Utility Testnet last month marked a major milestone in the utility development & adoption of BIST within the Bistroo Ecosystem. However, that’s not the only highlight of April:
- Order Volume has grown 330% year on year, compared to April 2022.
- 2084 new users placed an order in April 2023, a 661% increase in first-time customers year on year, compared to April 2022.
- 577 new user accounts were created in April 2023, a year on year increase of 578% in new user accounts.
- Preparations for fully plug & play self-onboarding are nearing completion. This means that merchants can fully onboard themselves onto the platform, without any interference from our account managers. A first in the online food ordering industry.
- We’re increasing the rollout of the handheld Point of Sale device. We launched this handheld device for order management at the end of March.
- With the introduction of the self-onboarding, we’re expanding to a multi-channel onboarding process. This means that we will also onboard our merchants through an online marketing-driven process rather than just the more labor-intensive physical onboarding process.
- 43 new merchants have been onboarded in Q1 of 2023.
- The menu builder product overwrite interface has had a facelift and refactor.
- The discount modal has had some fixes and a facelift.
- Giftcards and vouchers are now in the process of being implemented on the platform. This is a big step towards referral program rewards as well.
- Receipt alignment on categories and products.
- Extra services and hardware can now be automatically invoiced to merchants.
- A products image upload functionality has been added to the POS device.
- Mobile device management software has been implemented for POS device management for the merchants.
- For the merchant self-onboarding portal, a installation wizard needed to be created to guide users through the process. This is nearing completion as well.
- Testing phase for new search algorithm for the consumer app has commenced.
- Distribution warning management pipelines (on distribution changes) have been added.
- We’ve gathered feedback from the community on the smart contracts in the Utility Testnet and have added some improvements.
In April we partnered up with Restaurantguru.com. They aggregate information on restaurants worldwide, including what online ordering options they offer. For all of our merchants, Bistroo is now listed as an online ordering option. What else did we do in April?
- Published an A/B test researching the charge of a service fee for customers.
- We created a Meta Ads campaign targeting new regions to gain info on popular local restaurants. This is to aid our Sales Team in the current expansion within the Netherlands.
- Published in depth content for a selected number of merchants. We’re aiming to give every type of merchant a chance to gain more exposure both on and off the platform.
- Shot and edited team photos, product and branding photos that will be used for advertisements and for our socials and the website.
- Set up a pilot for merchant emailmarketing that will allow merchants to reach their customers directly.
- Created custom merchant flyers that restaurants receive to distribute to their customers when they run a discount.
- Revamped our investor pitchdeck.
- We employ a system that recommends restaurants in emails based on a users location. This system is being reworked to provide customers with better recommendations.
- Created an automation that shows certain newly onboarded merchants on our social feed.
Get your fill on everything Bistroo!
Bistroo is a peer-to-peer marketplace for food & beverages, powered by the BIST Token. Bistroo is a pioneer in the blockchain-based food industry, building protocols that empower the merchants in an ecosystem that also benefits the customers.