The Bistroo Breakdown : Monthly Progress Report — August 2022
Every month, we publish a monthly update to our token holders and broader community. Welcome to the August 2022 edition. We appreciate the support and we look forward to our community’s feedback and suggestions.
August was a significant month for Bistroo as we kept building and spreading the word about our project. We had a major release and some cool announcements in the past month including partnerships, marketing updates and improving some products and laying the foundations for the new ones. We also have new additions to the team in order to fuel our ambitions.
All that being said, we are moving towards the inclusion of our community in some of our building, testing and design processes in the near future, as we believe in the value and feedback it can provide to the team to build, test, and improve our products and especially the token utility. We will tell you more about this in the upcoming weeks.
For now, check out the main highlights for August :
- We struck a partnership with the Dutch Blockchain Coalition which is a major player in The Netherlands when it comes to pushing the blockchain industry forward. This will help us connect with like-minded builders in Web3 and bring our knowledge of the food industry and blockchain-based app development to the table and overall raise more awareness about Bistroo. You can check DBC’s official announcement here on their website.
- Our CEO, Bas Roos, was invited to BNR Zakendoen, a major radio program in the Netherlands to pitch Bistroo and discuss the Winner-Takes-All strategy that competitors are using and why it is not sustainable. You can listen to the podcast here (timestamp 1:22:40).
- We were featured in an article on NewsBit.
- We implemented our revamped brand identity to improve our market positioning and brand image. The same Bistroo recipe but with more spice and flavor!
- We launched the Eindhoven Branding Campaign in early August as part of our region-based strategy.
- We onboarded 3 interns in Marketing & Sales.
- We took the first steps in the preparation and design for the Merchant Self-Onboarding flow (exciting!). We’re also preparing the funnels for that.
- We initiated the configuration and integration of the Zendesk customer service tool.
- We implemented and optimized the Pipedrive merchant support channels and infrastructure.
- The Merchant Portal v04 is a fact! We launched it on August 1st and this is an amazing milestone. You can read more about the details in this tweet thread here.
- We laid a solid foundation on our Stripe-integration which is now being tested.
- We reworked our POS-printer integration for the merchant portal, including USB- & webUSB-support.
- BIST: We developed the Initial version of the P2P Settlement contract as well as the initial version of the Referral rewards contract. They are both now being tested internally.
- We laid the initial groundwork for running a minimized version of the merchant portal on a mobile printing device (we’re looking forward to completing this milestone!).
- We worked on redesigning some specific consumer app pages.
- We reworked & improved our user-tracking integration. This will help us in our marketing efforts.
- We implemented additional SEO-features for our marketing team.
- We hired a new backend developer.
- We migrated a big part of our API unit-tests to a more scalable setup.
- We ran several minor bug fixes and improvements throughout the total stack (API / Merchant-Portal / UX).
Get your fill on everything Bistroo!
Bistroo is a peer-to-peer marketplace for food & beverages, powered by the BIST Token. A protocol where food consumption can be easily organized and personalized against significantly reduced fees. Merchants are in full control of their payments, product selection, customer relations, orders, advertising, and analytics. Customers can have direct relations with their favorite merchants, earn rewards and get food recommendations that fit their taste.