The Bistroo Breakdown: Monthly Progress Report — August 2023
Every month, we publish a monthly update to our token holders and broader community. Welcome to the August 2023 edition. This month, we moved our settlement contract to production, implemented giftcards and launched an out of home advertising campaign.
Earlier this week, we announced that we are planning to launch our first platform-integrated, on-chain utility smart contract later this year. On-chain BIST settlements for transactions within the Bistroo Ecosystem will become available. Initially, the focus will be on basic foundational transactions, such as ordering food. However, in later stages, multiple types of transactions will be supported without the need for a third-party payment processor.
After conducting a successful public beta for our first set of contracts, including the settlement contract, we will internally proceed with the next steps to ensure usability, security, and adoptability for this foundational BIST use case.
- In August, order volume grew by 367% year-on-year, compared to August 2022.
- In August 2023, 2,047 first-time users placed an order, marking a 426% increase in first-time customers year-on-year.
- 529 new user accounts were created in August 2023, representing a year-on-year increase of 356% in new user accounts registered on a monthly basis.
- In August 2023, nine new merchants were onboarded, 50% of whom also subscribed to one of our subscription-based services.
- August is traditionally a slow month for new business due to the holiday season in our launch market.
- API Version 3 has been implemented for both the Consumer app and the Merchant portal.
- The Referral system is in its final phase.
- The frontend for the Bistroo page is complete.
- The new front-end developer, has started and is off to a flying start.
- Implementation of Vouchers and Giftcards is complete.
- Vite implementation is complete.
- The onboarding wizard is in its last iteration.
- Integration with Pipedrive has been done.
- Features for the Merchant portal and app have been added:
- Order distribution limit
- Optional dropdown menus
- Preparation time specified for each delivery area
- Option to close per location
- Print logs available for each portal/printer installation
- Delivery map available in a modal window
- SEO fixes have been made
- We have set up an on-page SEO test to optimize search engine performance.
- Four new interns have been successfully onboarded to the team.
- We have further automated our Search Engine Advertising (SEA) using custom scripts.
- We launched the Eindhoven brand campaign, which included public transport stickering and out-of-home advertising.
- Through qualitative analysis, we identified several friction points in the user experience (UX).
- An experiment was conducted in which we drastically reduced performance marketing costs to improve unit economics.
- We distributed content related to our merchants through various social media channels.
- We have held discussions with an email marketing agency and are working towards a collaboration to further improve our email marketing strategy and output.
- A roundtable session has been planned with social marketers from My Jewellery.
Get your fill on everything Bistroo!
Bistroo is a peer-to-peer marketplace for food & beverages, powered by the BIST Token. Bistroo is a pioneer in the blockchain-based food industry, building protocols that empower the merchants in an ecosystem that also benefits the customers.