The Bistroo Breakdown: Monthly Progress Report — July 2023
Every month, we publish a monthly update to our token holders and broader community. Welcome to the July 2023 edition. This month, we moved into our new office, expanded the team and upgraded our content creation output.
- In July, order volume has grown 347% year-on-year, compared to July 2022.
- 2067 first time users placed an order in July 2023, a 474% increase in first-time customers year on year, compared to July 2022. This also signifies a 20% increase month on month, compared to June.
- 537 new user accounts were created in July 2023, a year-on-year increase of 336% in new user accounts signed up on a monthly basis.
- We wrapped up the majority of renovations at the new Bistroo office and have since moved in.
- Our operational setup is ready to grow exponentially in remainder of this year.
- 20 new merchants have been onboarded in July, of which 50% also subscribed to one or more subscription-based services.
- Hired a new frontend developer.
- Worked on the finalization of the Self-Onboarding Wizard.
- Reworked the giftcard implementation in our backend environment.
- Implemented a successful A/B test for the marketplace.
- Developed socket persistence improvements for the remote printers and handheld devices in the field. We are also more closely monitoring the network activity.
- Introduced Combideals. For example, get a discount if you purchase a drink with your meal. This implementation is now useable for merchant.
- We are now fully refunding service fees on refunded orders. This is not the norm in the industry, but we feel it is important that customers get fully refunded for matters beyond their control.
- Worked on the technical implementations for a referral campaign.
- Improved the useability of the printer setup for merchants, to which we also added an edit function.
- New receipt design and balancing. Multiple languages have also been added.
- Bistroo Exclusive toggle has been added, which displays a badge on the merchant’s page.
- Implemented a yearly subscription plan into the invoicing system.
- Continued production of SEO pages. These new city + category pages we are adding will increase the amount of targetted SEO content significantly.
- Initiated a CTR-test for 200+ restaurant pages. We are testing meta title and meta description to see if certain variations result in more clicks.
- Further developed an automated recommendation system for email. This gives each person recommended restaurants tailored to their location.
- Made improvements to our abandoned cart email campaign.
- Added a sunset email campaign to update preferences of people who are not active anymore.
- Created and added new social ads into the rotation.
- Updated strategy for Bistroo restaurant merchandise. We are expanding the number of branded items such as pizza boxes and bags that we provide to restaurants. This will also help with increasing Bistroo’s visibility outdoors.
- Renegotiated our Bistroo bag prices down to below half the original price per bag so that we can offer more competitive prices to our merchants.
- Shot two commercials at restaurants on the platform. Results of the first commercial shoot will be shared soon.
- Created wireframes for our B2B campaign landing page and our business page. These are being prepared ahead of the launch of our Self Onboarding BETA.
- We published three new content pieces to help our SEO-rankings.
- Started a new social media content series around well known, old images and paintings with Bistroo bags in them.
Get your fill on everything Bistroo!
Bistroo is a peer-to-peer marketplace for food & beverages, powered by the BIST Token. Bistroo is a pioneer in the blockchain-based food industry, building protocols that empower the merchants in an ecosystem that also benefits the customers.