The Bistroo Breakdown: Monthly Progress Report — June 2023
Every month, we publish a monthly update to our token holders and broader community. Welcome to the June 2023 edition. This month, we had another month of growth, quality of life updates for the portal and app. We also ramped up production of original photo and video content.
- In June, order volume has grown 342% year-on-year, compared to June 2022. Resulting in an overall Q2 year-on-year increase of 341% in order volume.
- 1728 first time users placed an order in June 2023, a 485% increase in first-time customers year on year, compared to June 2022. Overall, 5596 first-time users used one of our products to order a meal, a 558% increase year-on-year to Q2 2022.
- 413 new user accounts were created in June 2023, a year-on-year increase of 289% in new user accounts signed up on a monthly basis.
- There was a slight delay in renovating the new office space, but we will be moving in within a few weeks.
- 31 new merchants have been onboarded in June of 2023, of which 37.5% also subscribed to one of our sub-based services.
- In Q2, 77 new merchants were onboarded on the Bistroo platform. A 79% increase compared to Q1, during which 43 new merchants were onboarded.
- June saw the highest rate of new merchants on a monthly basis, with 31 new merchants being onboarded during the last month. The next objective is to reach 40 new merchants on a monthly basis.
- Our CEO & Founder, Bas Roos, spoke with Bittrex Global about unlocking direct commerce on their Podcast.
- We spoke with Hackernoon about solving the inequality in the food delivery industry.
We had quite some quality of life releases for the Merchant Portal, the consumer app and the receipt that PoS devices and printers produce once a merchant receives an order. We will name some notable development milestones. A full list of all release notes can be found here.
- The search algorithm has been improved. This means that customers can more easily find the products they want.
- Implemented Google Tag Manager support.
- We’re making continuous strides when it comes to organic discoverability. For this reason we developed a City + Category page for the platform (for example: pizza in Amsterdam).
- Added a Bistroo exclusive toggle in the back-end. This provides easy access to restaurants that are only on the Bistroo platform.
- Discounts and coupons can now be used correctly.
- Implemented discount warning for our marketing team, so they can more easily find merchants with active discounts to promote.
- Subscription plan users can now convert to yearly packages to receive a 10% discount.
- There is now a status of the Merchant Portal and PoS device in the Merchant Portal. This can be seen in the red bar at the top of the application.
- Multi-language receipt (depending on your language settings).
- The homepage tagline has been changed from ‘Ordering as it should be’ to ‘Food tastes better together’. This better fits our current proposition to the customer.
- Reviews now load correctly when you switch on the restaurant marketplace.
- We are constantly working to improve the visibility of your restaurant. To this end, we have made a number of adjustments.
Most food ordering platforms tend to be very utilitarian, focusing on dishes and fast delivery, which often results in low brand loyalty from consumers. We’re finding that emphasizing the opposite approach — fostering communal dining, savoring meals, and showcasing our merchants’ passion (highlighting their personalities rather than just their dishes) — resonates well. That’s why we’re increasing production of original content (video + photography) that showcases onboarded merchants.
- Created and launched a social advertising campaign focused on Tilburg area, one of our new hubs.
- Created and launched video branding campaign focused on Tilburg area.
- Overhauled some of our email marketing campaign to fit better with our new brand positioning.
- Worked on improving the restaurant recommendation algorithm for email marketing.
- Launched an improved merchant performance mailing campaign that showcases the restaurants monthly stats.
- Invested in further automating Search Engine Advertising (SEA) through a sitelink creation script.
- Added new FAQ’s on merchant pages. This gives extra, customized information to customers about specific merchants.
- Published two content blogs within our pizza theme to boost topical authority. This is part of our organic growth campaign (SEO).
- Released interview with founder Bas Roos on DeliveryRank and our own blog.
- Growth manager Sebastiaan Brouwers was interviewed by Consuminded.
- Wrote a measurement plan to update and migrate data collection of website away from paid infrastructure to free infrastructure, allowing for more flexibility in the process.
- Hired two interns in addition to two other recent hires.
Get your fill on everything Bistroo!
Bistroo is a peer-to-peer marketplace for food & beverages, powered by the BIST Token. Bistroo is a pioneer in the blockchain-based food industry, building protocols that empower the merchants in an ecosystem that also benefits the customers.