The Bistroo Breakdown : Monthly Progress Report — May 2022
Every month, we publish a monthly update to our token holders and broader community. Welcome to the April 2022 edition. Our BIST Staking program, product repositioning and new hires have been our focus this month.
May was a quite shaky month but despite the highs and lows, we made great progress on different aspects. Much of the focus was centered around our commitment to advance on all the roadmap items. Some of the other highlights include organizational growth and optimization of commerce and operational processes. Let’s discover all of them.
- Bittrex Global is hosting a trading competition for our BIST token. You can find the details here.
- We hired a new Growth Manager to push our scale-up game. He will be starting at Bistroo in Q3.
- We are currently finetuning our marketing positioning and updating our branding. In a few weeks, you will be able to discover our new fresh look everywhere from our apps, social platforms, marketing material and campaigns!
- In conjunction with the updated brand & positioning, we have created a new campaign format which will be used to quickly penetrate, activate and optimize market regions.We will be rolling out this new strategy with extensive campaigns starting in Eindhoven towards the end of July.
- We continuously optimize our sales & marketing operations in order to achieve sustainable growth in the coming years. This is especially important since the ‘self-onboarding’ layer for merchants is close to implementation.
- 20 new merchants were onboarded and we have more lined up.
- We completed the first stage of our new scalable data-infrastructure & Business Intelligence tooling.
- In the first week of May, we unfortunately experienced a malicious attack on one of our single asset staking contracts and the deposits were stolen. We swiftly reacted and set out to reimburse the community members that were affected. We were very transparent about the whole experience and wrote a post-incident statement and breakdown in order to provide insight into what happened. All of it within a week. You can read more about it here.
- We performed a Major update on V4. Phase 1 is now ready; that includes the preparation of the infrastructure for the new merchant portal and major changes in data model hierarchy (merchants becoming companies with establishments, which allows for multiple restaurants and users under one establishment).
- The printer update is now fully completed and integrated (new setup, auto find/IP config, manual add option).
- We hired a Fullstack Developer and we have Backend Developer positions open to fulfill.
- We hired a new UI/UX Developer who already improved a lot of the flow issues in the checkout process and in the user account flow.
- We finetuned the last details for the Merchant Portal before the internal release in June.
- The Consumer App refactor to VueJS3 and capacitor automatic build pipelines are also planned to be released in June.
- Our new data infrastructure has been completed for use. We’re now starting with integrating the setup in our main production flow.
- We Added a new product to the Bistroo suite. From now on merchants can get a custom Bistroo landing page for their shop module.
- We started the Wizard self-onboarding project. It is in the pre-development stage.
Get your fill on everything Bistroo!
Bistroo is a peer-to-peer marketplace for food & beverages, powered by the BIST Token. A protocol where food consumption can be easily organized and personalized against significantly reduced fees. Merchants are in full control of their payments, product selection, customer relations, orders, advertising, and analytics. Customers can have direct relations with their favorite merchants, earn rewards and get food recommendations that fit their taste.