The Bistroo Breakdown: Monthly Progress Report — November 2022
Every month, we publish a monthly update to our token holders and broader community. Welcome to the November 2022 edition. This month, we grew our restaurant offerings significantly, started internal testing on our smart contracts and finalized our new brand positioning.
Going into the last month of the year, we’re reflecting on 2022 and gearing up for a fruitful 2023 with an improved brand positioning. We’re making major strides, particularly in our key region Eindhoven where we see significant growth in customers, brand recognition and merchants. The Beta Portal, which is the interface for the community to interact with our smart contracts is making significant progress as well. Let’s dive in:
- We released the second blog, part of the Winner-Takes-All series. You can check it out here.
- Major improvement of coverage in terms of number of restaurants of the key region of Eindhoven.
- Sales scheduled 72 new business appointments with merchants during November, 25 new merchants onboarded during this month.
- Preparations started to determine which key regions to target next.
- ‘Hand-off’ / Merchant-self onboarding preparations ongoing. This means that merchants don’t need an account manager to onboard themself to the platform — a first in the sector.
- Funnel and the Helpcenter & Support are being built for the merchant self-onboarding.
- Our CEO, Bas Roos, gave a Keynote at the AI & Data summit on the High Tech Campus Eindhoven about Web3.0 applications of data & incentives.
- We started preparing for the biggest food & beverage fair in the Netherlands, the Horecava.
- Released an interview with one of our merchants on Indebuurt.
- We started preparations for merchant email campaign & broadcast improvements.
- Scaled up our efforts to provide customers with accurate food images by sending a photographer to merchants.
- The smart contracts internal testings and audits are ongoing.
- Big advancements on the beta simulator; first working setup has been made, while design is ongoing.
- We improved the UI / UX design for several app-components such as modals and popups.
- The app-routing has been improved. Closed establishments will now properly redirect to keep potential costumers in the optimal place within the app.
- The app pagespeed has been improved, with pages loading faster as a result.
- We’re continuing to make improvement on SEO, making it easier for customers to find us and the restaurants they’re looking for.
We finalized our renewed brand positioning. Bistroo’s consumer-facing side of the platform should be about togetherness.
Our app is functional, just like our competitors, but where they mostly focus on functionality and price, we will claim the vacant spot of togetherness. By ordering through Bistroo, a consumer will get an experience that invites them to enjoy a nice meal together with loved ones, friends or family. At least, that’s the idea! This coming month, we will build on the positioning and on steps already taken to:
- Insert proof points to our positioning in the customer journey.
- Communicate our positioning through a media campaign in the Eindhoven region, with the intention to create a copy-pastable campaign for future target regions.
- We created and developed conversation starters (proofpoint 1). These are fun notes that customers can find in their Bistroo bag. It contains a dilemma, question or piece of trivia that invites them to have a conversation with each other (instead of silently scrolling on your phone during dinner).
- Created the first Bistroo playlist on Spotify (proofpoint 2). These will be included in order confirmations to give our customers a little extra touch to their eating experience.
- Concluded A/B testing on our target groups for email campaigns.
- We’re conducting tests with in-app & web push notifications when a customers completes an order or leaves a positive review.
- We made a shortlist of creative agencies, briefed them and started the review process to select an agency to help us translate our positioning into a media campaign.
- Renewed ad copy in line with the new brand positioning.
- We published two A/B tests (currently gathering data).
- Created hypotheses for two new A/B tests to be released as soon as current ones end.
- We restructured our social advertising accounts.
- Ran our first Merchant Lead Magnet campaign on Meta Ads. Merchants receive an ebook with tips for their restaurant business when they sign up.
- Scaled up our reels posts on Instagram as they provide better reach to our target audience.
- Created a wireframe for renewed pricing page.
Get your fill on everything Bistroo!
Bistroo is a peer-to-peer marketplace for food & beverages, powered by the BIST Token. Bistroo is a pioneer in the blockchain-based food industry, building protocols that empower the merchants in an ecosystem that also benefits the customers.