The Bistroo Breakdown : Monthly Progress Report — September 2022
Every month, we publish a monthly update to our token holders and broader community. Welcome to the September 2022 edition. We appreciate the support and we look forward to our community’s feedback and suggestions.
September was a very busy month at Bistroo, kicking off the Q4 with some major advancements in building the whole ecosystem. From infusing more utility to our BIST token, to creating the smart contracts, all while growing the business and developing the operations. The team is on all fronts and there is no slacking!
We also continued to spread the word about Bistroo through attending major blockchain events and with some media features.
Here are the main highlights for September :
- We’ve been updating our email campaigns over the last quarter. The content has been improved and the timing has been optimized. This led to an exponential increase of the number of sessions and the number of transactions through email.
- We on-boarded 2 interns in the sales and marketing departments.
- We hired a freelance food photographer for restaurants to provide custom content for the platform.
- We got featured in an article on the Telegraaf Online.
- We published a PR article on FoodCommerce magazine online.
- We attended two crypto events in Amsterdam to connect with other web3 builders and spread the word about Bistroo, namely Blockchain Expo Europe and Techspo Amsterdam.
- We created a survey and sent it to our broader Dutch community to gauge the consumer’s sentiment and values regarding food ordering.
- We launched our first ever A/B test to improve our checkout page.
- We started creating SEO-content for our city pages.
- We launched a new set of video ads.
- We optimized our PPC-efforts by grinding through the campaigns.
Our main focus for the current and upcoming development sprints is aimed at phasing out the legacy-code of our platforms and improving the technical foundation to ensure future scalability. Besides that, we have been working on the foundation of Bistroo Pay, including a Stripe-integration:
- We improved POS printer-support for the merchant portal (added USB support, automatic driver installation and improved logging & persistence layer).
- We implemented several UI/UX tweaks in the new merchant portal.
- Revised the basket of the consumer app to v2-API. By doing so, we are running fully on our new API and able to move into future platform phases.
- We integrated Stripe in the API. The integration for the new merchant portal and consumer app are in development as we speak.
- We started with (UI/UX) AB-testing in the consumer app.
- We have a new Lead Developer.
- We implemented the integration with Cashdesk.
- We’ve been developing the first smart contracts for the past period and they are almost ready for the testing phase.
- We started the Interface development of the smart contract MVP.
- We automated the pipeline builds for the merchant portal and added an auto update function.
- We added an Instant Closing function for the merchant portal.
- We improved our SEO for the consumer app.
- We added a merchant monitor and warning functions for the Bistroo admin panel.
Get your fill on everything Bistroo!
Bistroo is a peer-to-peer marketplace for food & beverages, powered by the BIST Token. A protocol where food consumption can be easily organized and personalized against significantly reduced fees. Merchants are in full control of their payments, product selection, customer relations, orders, advertising, and analytics. Customers can have direct relations with their favorite merchants, earn rewards and get food recommendations that fit their taste.